Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Re: [Avid-L2] QT Ref from Avid into Adobe Media Encoder stalls on render start?

 

16 tracks of audio is one reason.  If I needed to export an xdcam mxf that is limited to 8 tracks as far as I know.  If I was to make it in Avid I would have to mixdown the whole timeline to XDCam50 and then export same as source I suppose. 

I try to avoid mixdowns to save storage space as I only have 16 TB available and have to keep several series online at the same time.

Using Adobe Media Encoder frees up Avid so I can continue to work.

If there was a way to not have to mix down I might consider using Avid.  I haven't tried but if I did a custom export I suppose I could choose XDCam 50 422 as the codec but then that opens up the issues of QT Engine creating gamma shifts etc...

Is there a way without mixing down to export to an XDCam50 .mov and keep the 16 audio stems as discrete tracks.  I know I can address the interleaved audio with QT map but I try to avoid that whenever possible.

I think the two main reasons to sum up would be avoiding the mixdowns and being able to continue to work in Avid.  Most probably don't mind the mixdowns like I do.  After two to three years of working this way I'm not ready to give it up especially now that I have found the audio stems were causing the problem.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bouke@...> wrote :

Name one reason why you don't make a XDcam file from inside Avid itself.

Bouke

Edit 'B / VideoToolShed.com
van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS  Nijmegen
+31 6 21817248

On 22 Nov 2017, at 20:09, bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

If I ama link back to the ProResHQ self contained .mov the levels are correct but when using that as a source in Adobe Media Encoder to make XDCam50 422

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment