Monday, November 27, 2017

Re: [Avid-L2] QT Ref from Avid into Adobe Media Encoder stalls on render start?

 

If I was in charge of the budget I'd have more storage.  All too often things just have to blow up before they get replaced.  Not the way I was brought up to maintain things but even having a maintenance engineer is not standard practice in many places these days.  Reminds me of the old commercial, "You can pay me now or pay me later."

Or in modern day terms, "Missing Air is priceless."



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bouke@...> wrote :

How come you are a high-end finishing editor with just 16 TB, and I'm a developer who hardly ever edits anymore, and I have 66 TB (after raid 5) at my systems?

(I recently added a Qnap with 8 8TB drives to my existing setup, set me back some lousy 4K. 
Hint, if you do something like this, I recommend (unlike Bob Z.) to use Iscsi. 
(All benchmarks are equal, but some benchmarks are more equal than others.))

Bouke

Edit 'B / VideoToolShed.com
van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS  Nijmegen
+31 6 21817248

On 23 Nov 2017, at 05:47, bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I try to avoid mixdowns to save storage space as I only have 16 TB available and have to keep several series online at the same time.

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment