Friday, November 3, 2017

Re: [Avid-L2] OT - Studio Recording

 

We deliver almost everything as a XDCam50 MXF Op1A file. Our
organization still keeps tape masters so my deliverables include 2 HDCAM
tapes. Most producers also want a playable file so I make them a MP4
with H.264. Requests for DVD's are less frequent but I still get them.
Blurays too.

On the input side, it's the wild west. It seems like camera / recorder
manufacturers / footage suppliers design new variants of codecs and
wrappers every day. Most can be linked (the process formerly known as
AMA) into Media Composer, though finding the correct plugin can be a bit
of a crap shoot. Occasionally, an old fashioned import is a better
bet. Sometimes (my last choice) I resort to transcoding to an Avid
friendly format in AME, Catalyst, Sorenson, Resolve, or whatever I can
find that works. Once or twice, I've just told the producer to get me a
file I can live with. I still capture off tape too, but that has become
very rare. --J.B.

Ronald Loneker rloneker@cse.edu [Avid-L2] wrote:
>
>
> Good Morning -
>
> I am teaching an introductory TV Production class and in the past have
> given a presentation on video recording formats (primarily video tape
> based, so you can see it's been a while since I've taught this class!).
>
> For those of you who work in a studio or TV station, what medium are
> you now using to record shows? Our TV facility here still masters on
> DVCPro right now but I don't know what is most commonly now used and
> then, how easily it's ingested into Avid Media Composer.
>
> This will also be helpful in knowing as we look to possibly upgrade
> our TV Studio in the future.
>
> Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
>
> Ron Loneker, Jr.
> Director, IT Special Projects
> College of Saint Elizabeth
> Henderson Hall, Room 202C
> 2 Convent Road
> Morristown, NJ 07960
>
> Phone: 973-290-4229 <tel:973-290-4229>
>
> e-mail: rloneker@cse.edu <mailto:rloneker@cse.edu>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: john beck <jb30343@windstream.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment