Friday, November 17, 2017

Re: [Avid-L2] Aspera Amazon etc

 

The show in St. Petersburg (Russia) is uploading the Avid MediaFiles folder with all the MXFs and all the dailies bins to the Backblaze server. I pull them off Backblaze and drop them into my storage here locally (Los Angeles). I then back up all the media onto a separate set of drives, just for my own piece of mind. I'm just on Cable modem, albeit the (alleged) fastest service. It's not fiber or T1 but it works.


David Dodson



On Nov 17, 2017, at 3:02 AM, Christopher Pitbladdo avid@digitalbuddy.co.uk [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


That's really interesting - I'm using back blaze to backup my family photo's, but even consider its use as an Avid media tool.  So are you backing up your entire Avid MediaFiles folder to/from backblaze?

I've found Aspera to be a little irritating, in that you need to install drivers.  Wetransfer suits my needs perfectly.

Christopher

On 16 Nov 2017, at 20:58, David Dodson davaldod@gmail.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I'm doing a 21-episode TV show right now that's sending me DNxHD185X regularly from across the pond using Backblaze. It's relatively fast. Been doing about 1 TB per month. I stay ahead of the downloads so it hasn't been a problem. I've never used Aspera, etc., so I can't comment beyond my limited experience.




On Nov 16, 2017, at 12:53 PM, 'Job ter Burg (L2B)' Job_L2@terburg.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi list,

So for a small shop that would like to be able to transfer large files to other facilities in other countries, what would you recommend?

I've been using WeTransfer and DropBox, but have in the past worked with facilities that provided transfers to and from their Aspera Connect Server, and that's really something. 

Is there a similar solution for a small shop like mine, and what kind of $$ would we be talking about? On average I think I'd need to do two 100GB uploads per month.

Thanks for any tips.

Job






__._,_.___

Posted by: David Dodson <davaldod@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment