Thursday, November 23, 2017

[Avid-L2] Recovery Partion on Drive with multiple partioned Start Up Drives?

 

I have been running a 4TB Hitachi Deskstar Drive partitioned into 10 drive/volumes.  I make the first four partitions 250GB then the remaining 6 are 500GB and I use them for startup drives.  When working in Disk Utility with a partitioned drive I seem to recall I could only resize the last partition on a multi partitioned drive.  That made sense to me.

Now that I'm rebuilding my work startup drive and Carbon Copy Cloning each partition to the new drive I get asked if I want to create a Recovery partition after each partition is cloned.  I've said yes a few times and CCC does the usual resizing target volume to make room for the recovery partition.  I'm assuming CCC uses the recovery partition on the source partition to create the recovery partition on the target partition.  Is this correct?  Given I have differing Mac OS systems on the different partition I'm curious if CCC is making a recovery partition on each individual partition or is it just for the whole drive?  I usually only see one choice for a Recovery Drive when I boot holding option so I guess it's just a master recovery partition for the entire multipartitioned drive.  Having never had to use the recovery partition I wonder if it is for OS 10.9.5 which is my primary OS on most of the startup partitions and would it work for the older 10.8.5 OS startup partition?  Not having a problem but just trying to understand the structure and nature of the Recovery Partition.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment