Saturday, November 18, 2017

[Avid-L2] Old MC systems with current dongles

 

I have an old system in the back office, a Mac Pro 1,1 running Media Composer 5.5x, hooked to an ADVC converter. Once in a blue moon I fire it up to transfer old VHS tapes for friends. In the past it has worked with my MC dongles.
Drive died, re-installed Leopard and MC 5.5.5, the most current version of MC 5.5x. It won't recognize my dongle (current MC with Symphony) which has worked in the past. Did dongle updates kill support for older systems, or is there a specific version of MC 5.5x that is needed to work with current dongles?
I could move the setup, but it has always worked for me, and driven an old Adrenaline appliance that won't work on newer software.
Am I hosed? Any ideas?

Dave Hogan
Burbank, CA

__._,_.___

Posted by: Dave Hogan <mactvman@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment