Friday, October 20, 2017

[Avid-L2] Re: Could Wacom Tablet issues with Avid be related to Sierra Combo U

 

So today I got my replacement pen for Intuos 4.  The pen says it's compatible with Intuos 5 and Intuos Pro too.  I wonder why my Intuos Pro Pen didn't play with the Intuos 4.  Perhaps the older driver didn't recognize or is wasn't backwards compatible?

At any rate with the new pen and the latest driver (WacomTablet_6.3.25-2) the intuos 4 is behaving correctly right out of the gate.  If nothing goes wrong then my issues were either the worn nib or something more physical/electronic in the old pen and or the old and or the slightly older driver.  I'm not going to back rev the driver to the one wacom had originally suggested for Intuos 4 and OS 10.12.5.  Perhaps it would work too but before I got the replacement pen wacom had suggested trying the (WacomTablet_6.3.25-2) driver with my Intuos 4 to see if that cleared it up.

Bottom line out of the gate things are behaving.  So was it the really old driver, the worn nib that perhaps made the tip jitter when dragging? or is it this latest driver (WacomTablet_6.3.25-2).  Not sure but glad it's working at least for now.  I'll post if the problems return.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :

Well after breaking my Intuos 4 pen trying to pull a nib out that I couldn't grab I installed my new Intuos Pro tablet.  I'm not sure if the Intuos Pro is also considered an Intuos 5 Pro.  At any rate with it's new driver the new tablet works correctly.  This has also been my wife's experience on her work system.

I've recontacted wacom support and they suggest I try using the latest wacom driver with my intuos 4.  I did plug my old Intuos 4 tablet into the system and the new driver (WacomTablet_6.3.25-2) does see the Intuos 4 correctly but without a pen I can't check that aspect of it. 

I hope the Intuos 4 with the latest driver will solve the pen tip issue as I prefer that tablet on my home system.  The Intuos Pro is similar but doesn't have readouts by the side buttons and there is no mouse with it.  I don't know why they didn't provide a mouse with the Intuos Pro, perhaps because it is also a touch pad?  I like having the mouse option especially when I want to see tool hints.  I have found I can't hold the pen steady enough to get the tool tips to pop up so I have used the wacom mouse in those situations.

Oh well at leat the Intuos Pro is behaving.  I'll report back when I get the new Intuos 4 pen at the end of the week.


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <ph@...> wrote :

If you look at the Wacom forum, there's lots of threads about lots of weird behavior.
It seems that the quality ain't what it used to be - though it's probably a global phenomenon! ;-)

I myself encounter a weird bug with the cursor shifting on its own on one of my monitors:
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1023

P.

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment