Saturday, October 28, 2017

[Avid-L2] Re: BMD PCIe Gen 3 cable kit (DNxIQ) backwards compatibilty?

 

I have bounce between DNxIO and NitrisDX on the PCIe card that came with my NitrisDX back in mid 2012.  I also purchased a current PCIe card when I bought the DNxIO a few years back when they offered a trade in deal for my aja IO express.  I've used that card on a much older NitrisDX at work that is more of the 2009 vintage.  I knew on that system I would have to use the newly purchased PCIe card for the DNxIO and was happy it worked backwards compatible.  I did however seem to have some user conflicts and made separate startup drive for DNxIO use.  Never really found out the solution but when I would bounce between DNxIO and NitrisDX I had some video output settings issued and would have to trash MC state.  It was frustrating until I just created two startup drives and never bounce IO boxes.

I have not had that issue on my home system so maybe it's the newer computer at home.  So many variables it get tiring sorting through them.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <kvipost@...> wrote :

Has anyone tested the backwards compatibility of the BMD PCIe Gen 3 cable kit (DNxIQ) with a Nitris DX?


This post excerpted from a BMD forum has me curious:



"Re: Specs for Blackmagic PCI Express Cable Kit?


Post Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:41 pm


Hello, Lee,


Blackmagic Design's Blackmagic PCIe cable kit is a four-lane PCIe 3.0 capable product. It is recommended for use with UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3.


It should be compatible with PCIe gen. 2.0 (4x lanes).


It does not need additional power (card is bus powered)


There is no additional instruction, the only additional consideration as with any other external PCIe is that power is removed from both host and the connected device before disconnecting the cable.


If you have any additional questions, please contact your local Blackmagic Design support office.


Blackmagic Design Technical support engineer
any posts made by myself prior to May 27, 2014 were before my employment with Blackmagic Design."



Karl

Tallahassee, FL

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment