Tuesday, October 17, 2017

[Avid-L2] The file had incorrect composition following EOM?

 

Got a cable network that wants J2K.mxf file delivery.  I'm doing a test with an uncompressed show clip they sent us.  I created black slug and slates at DNX 175X with black at top and tail.  I got this as a QC note:

The file had incorrect composition following EOM

I'm going to contact the network for clarification.  I'm assuming "EOM" stands for End Of Material.  The network requested 30 seconds of black followed by textless elements then another 30 seconds of black.  I'm pretty sure that's what I did but I'm starting to wonder what else "EOM" might stand for.  Is there something like "End Of Message" that could apply to a Jpeg2K .mxf file?

I'll find out more tomorrow but given there are hardly any parameters to adjust in the Avid AMA file export for J2k .mxf I don't see what could be wrong there.  Any insight appreciated.

They also flagged audio loudness of the 5.1 audio.  I just brought it in unity and exported it direct so that would mean the mix they sent was wrong or could there be a bug in the Avid export.  I will compare on the system tomorrow but all I have is the Avid meters to go by and from what I recall they looked pretty similar.  I'd have to send the audio to ProTools bay for critical analysis.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment