Wednesday, October 4, 2017

[Avid-L2] A different experience with Safe Color Limit defaults with BM UltraStudio 4K Mac Trashcan

 

OS 10.10.5
MacPro Trashcan Late 2013, AMD FirePro
BM Videodesktop 10.8.5

I know there are quirks to safe color limit but it's the beast I've been using.  The issue with 3rd party IO hardware and safe color limit and the default lower limits have been posted about.  In a nutshell Avid hardware will default safe color limit to 7.5, like NTSC setup and 3rd party hardware, Black Magic in my case, results in lower limit of 0.  Both work more or less with a slight bump in black level.  This has been my consistent experience with Macs and Avid with differing IO hardware.

Today I'm working on a MacTrash can listed above.  The Avid version 8.4.4 and BM UltraStudio 4K the default safe color limit is lower limit 7.5 and it behaves like typical Avid Hardware behavior.  This is my first time working on a trashcan but I've never seen this behavior before.  Anybody seen this with Trashcans?  I don't know if the Trashcan is the reason for the behavior but it's the only thing different to me. 

Regardless of how safe color works I'm curious what might be different on this system.

Excuse the underlined text.  I'm on a crappy little pc laptop and somehow got into underline mode and have no clue what keys I hit to do this and make it stay in underline mode.  Fun day in a new bay.



John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment