Tuesday, October 10, 2017

[Avid-L2] Could Wacom Tablet issues with Avid be related to Sierra Combo Update?

 

I know there have been numerous threads related to Avid wacom issues.  My understanding was the issues began after Avid 8.6.4.  I've read that the issues only seem to be with Avid and this got fixed somewhere in the 8.8.X range.

A while back when I added my expansion chassis I upgraded the OS to 10.12.0 and things worked okay with the tablet in general not just in Avid.  I've stayed at Avid 8.6.4 to avoid in wacom issues.  I have an Intuos 4 PTK-840.  I ran with the OS 10.12.0 for I guess a month or more without problems.  Then I ran the combo updater to get to the Avid required 10.12.5.  Ever sense then I've had strange wacom behavior.  Trying to click and drag a folder in Firefox either opens the email as if I double clicked or randomly opens and email along the drag.  Then when running filemaker on an invoice document I have a layout that has a paste date button.  When I click the paste date using the tip of the pen, like I always do, I get three dates pasted as if I clicked 3 times.  I played around with sensitivity and making it harder helps but things are similar on the desktop level.  Normally I can tap once with the pen tip to highlight a folder on the desktop and then rest the pen tip on the tablet and drag it around but now after clicking to highlight and then drag it often opens the folder like I double clicked. 

This seems to mimic some of the kind of Avid quirks my wife had when they upgraded the OS at her work edit station.  Ultimately we got an Intuos 5 pro and that seemed to help.  I've called wacom to get the exact drive they suggest for my tablet and OS to see if that will resolve this.  Given how much I'm fight this since running the combo update it really seems to indicate there is a change going from OS 10.12.0 to 10.12.5 when it comes to wacom tablet intuous 4.  Given I have an older driver from OS 10.8.5 I'm hoping the latest driver will rectify the situation.  I'll post back when I get it installed.

I read in one of the threads that someone suggested the Avid issues seemed to center around the sensitivity.  My current experience even at the desktop level seems to be the same.  I've been on wacoms for almost 20 years and never had to tweak sensitivity from default so it really seems like there is some bug there.

Any suggestions welcomed.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment