Thursday, August 24, 2017

[Avid-L2] Weird mac behavior

 

So, I have an edit bay that's mostly been turned off, or idle for the better part of year- at least.

I went to use it and it has very odd behavior:

Basically, while editing, the keyboard goes 'dead' for a a few seconds, and the mouse keeps working, then the mouse will go dead, too - then it all comes back. I replaced the mouse and keyboard, thinking the mouse was bad, but it's not - this seems to be OS-related as I can't just switch to another app. I haven't run any other apps long enough to see if they have the same behavior.

If left alone for a while (walk away for rendering, a phone call, lunch, etc.) the machine will eventually hard-crash.

Any of this smell familiar? I'd like to start using this bay again, but it's unreliable, and if I can't make a quick-fix, then I have to start with the 'shotgun' approach of maintenance, which is all I know how to do. (Nuke the system and install the OS from scratch, start adding back apps, etc. Very time consuming and that's not a luxury I have just now.)

2009 5.1 Cheesegrater, 2x6x2.66, OSx 10.12.5, 48g ram, Nvidia quadro 4000, MC 8.9.4

Any tips or thoughts appreciated!

gh
----------------------------------------------------
Greg Huson
Chief
Secret Headquarters, Inc
Production / Post Production
Culver City, CA
323 677 2092
www.SecretHQ.com
t @SecretHQinc

__._,_.___

Posted by: Greg Huson <greg@secrethq.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment