Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Re: [Avid-L2] Mac Mystery . . . help?

 




Jeff Hedberg solved the mystery . . . Thank you Jeff! 




On Jun 20, 2017, at 7:17 AM, Jeff Hedberg <jeff@unioneditorial.com> wrote:

Ah... I had to deal with this a little bit ago.

(BEFORE you launch the Avid)
Open System Preferences on the mac, choose 'Displays', choose 'Arrangement' tab - go and move the white menu bar icon to the larger monitor.
You can close system preferences now.

Start up Media Composer, and the avid will now let you use full sized source/record windows.

Jeff

------------------
Jeff Hedberg

Director of Operations
Union Editorial
575 Broadway,6th floor
New York, NY 10012

On Jun 19, 2017, at 3:21 PM, Benjamin Hershleder Ben@ContactBen.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:



Hey gang!

I have a mystery for those more technically inclined than me:

When I connect an Apple 27" screen to my MBP (late 2011 model), running Sierra and MC v.8.8.3, I *can* resize the Source/Record Window larger than in past releases.

BUT... when I connect the same monitor to my friend's MBP (2015 model) running 10.11.6 El Capitan, and MC v8.8.4, he can *not* resize the Source/Rec Window as large as I can.

I've checked the OS monitor settings, they're the same on both MBPs. In Avid: I've also made new User Settings, and tested a new project, and trashed MCState (actually, trashed the entire Settings folder, too)... and upgraded him to 8.8.4 . . . And the Src/Rec window STILL will not get larger than before (i.e. does not get as large as mine).

Since his MBP is more recent (2015) than mine (2011), my thinking is that it isn't a graphics card thing. And his OS and MC versions are compatible (I checked the all mighty Avid Version Matrix). 

So . . . what do I need some schooling on?
Anyone know what switch I need to flip to make it work as mine does?

THANKS for your help all!

Cheers,

-B




__._,_.___

Posted by: Benjamin Hershleder <ben@contactben.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment