Friday, May 12, 2017

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Re-Linking Question

 

Are you using "Relink to selected items in all open bins?" --J.B.

clbrannan@hotmail.com [Avid-L2] wrote:
>
>
> Hi John,
>
> Thanks again for your help with this issue. Okay, it's good to know
> that my thinking wasn't completely off base - sure, this is an
> unconventional (and not ideal) situation with multiple import stations
> of the same media, but it should in theory all relink if each import
> was done from identical source files.
>
> Any reason why it wouldn't relink then? I have the imported clips in
> the project, so I know that everything is imported and present in my
> "Avid MediaFiles" folder. When I go through the "Relink" steps it
> gives me the "Loading Media File Information…" screen briefly as if it
> is relinking the media (and not giving me the "No clips were
> relinked…" screen) but then all segments in the sequence are still
> offline.
>
> It's quite the head-scratcher. I ran into this before, clicked around
> and eventually got it to work (as stated in the original post), but
> all of the things I think *should* do the trick aren't working. I've
> even tried refreshing the databases, trashing the database files, etc.
>
> It's not a pressing issue but curious what I need to do differently
> (beside give the students the MXF media at the beginning of the
> assignment) to make this work going forward.
>
> Thanks!
>
>
> -Chris
>
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: john beck <jb30343@windstream.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment