Friday, May 26, 2017

[Avid-L2] Re: UHD Evaluation / Color Correction Monitor???

 

Here's perhaps a better link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-55-class-54-6-diag--oled-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-with-high-dynamic-range-silver/5252800.p?skuId=5252800



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :

Here's what I went with as it matched what the QC house was using to find ridiculous pixel that were stuck etc...  You can jack the black way up and see things no human would.  I still use an HD reference monitor and scope watching the downconvert for color correction as nobody is rushing to buy me a 20K Tektronix Scope.  I'm thinking perhaps I should start a KickStarter campaign for my 4K needs.  But we'd be at 8K by the time I raised enough money.

My 4K work has all been to Rec 709 so far.  The newer Sony PVM HD monitors were said to be capable of Rec 2020 and I think the P3 standard IIRC.  It was coming in a future software upgrade so that might be a way to get an HD monitor that handled those color spaces and use the LG OLED consumer monitor for Clients and 4K pixel hunts.

I love my Tektronix 7020 scope and would love to get the 4K equivalent for 4K but so far even the stripped down versions are out of my price range.  Sadly it's hard to convince bean counters of the need for this equipment but with Netflix QC so diligent I really think I'd like to level the playing field with a nice scope.  Fortunately my issue in 4K are more related to pixel errors and not video levels.

Here's what was suggested to me and I went for it at about $1,800

LG - 55" Class - (54.6" Diag.) - OLED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV - with High Dynamic Range - Silver

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment