Friday, April 28, 2017

Re: [Avid-L2] BCC and Saphire Upgrade NAB deal till May 1st.

 

That is my understanding.  I was told that the BCC plugin will eventually become more like the Sapphire plugin has with more of an annual fee to stay current.  I know with Sapphire I now pay once a year to stay current but if I stop I just stay at the version I'm at.  In Avid speak that would be a perpetual license with a support contract.  Sapphire has a similar model and I'm told by my post supervisor Sapphire no longer offers monthly licenses.  Not sure why they stopped that but perhaps my post sup was misinformed on that.

Bottom line is not to get stranded jump on it by May 1st.  Ping me offlist if you need a contact person and I'll give you the person I spoke with.  She said she'd be back in the office Monday.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <oklaroman@...> wrote :

Thanks for the heads up, John. I'm in the same boat as you, so I'm interested in the upgrade. I'm assuming that's for a permanent license?

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 1:07 PM, John Moore bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Boris has a 20 percent of deal for NAB which isn't really news but a nice price break.  The one thing that was pointed out to me was I could upgrade from my BCC 8 licenses to BCC10 and because they have announced BCC11 I would get that.  After May 1st the upgrade path will only go one version back.  So if you are like me still at BCC8 you might want to consider contacting Boris by May 1st so you don't get stranded.  The Mocha Tracker is worth the upgrade price.

I asked what would happen with BCC8 tracking info that is pre Mocha and I was told that BCC10 would be able to take a tracked effect from BCC8 and interpret it correctly.  Given the new mocha tracker replaces the old style of BCC tracking this was an important concern I had.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@...


__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment