Friday, April 28, 2017

[Avid-L2] OT: HDR Scope Kickstarter Campaign?

 

As hard as I try my wife is just not getting on board with a 20K purchase of a Tektronix HDR scope.  I told her how neat it is and that our daughter could just give up her senior year in private high school to cover the cost but still no go.  Maybe someone on one of the edit lists could start a kick starter campaign to get me a Tek 8300 scope with HDR option.  I'd do it myself but that would seem too self serving wouldn't it?

I'd buy a round of OKI Dogs for whoever gets this going.  ;-)

To add some actual value to this post I did see that the new Sony PVM OLEDs, the A models will be able to monitor Rec 2020 and DCI P3 with the version 2 software upgrade.  I thought I heard that upgrade would be out in September but that seems late so I may have misheard the release date.  Also the BVM 17 inch OLED is offering an HDR option that is not available on the 25 inch model.  That seemed strange to not offer it on the 25 inch model.  A little birdie told me there may be some technical reasons the 25 inch can't have HDR due to RF emissions standards but I don't know if that has any validity.  I'd suspect it to be more of a power supply concern as I heard in several booths that if the specular highlights in HDR exceed something like 20 percent of the signal many monitors choke or dim as they don't have the juice to handle the diaplay load.



 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment