Sunday, April 2, 2017

[Avid-L2] Odd render behavior with Sapphire Effects of different versions?

 

Due to circumstances beyond my control offline used a newer version of Sapphire than we have dongles for in online.  Fortunately I have a sapphire dongle from my home system that is up to date and works with the later Sapphire Ver. 9 that was used in offline.  Gen Arts set me up with the correct license number to work with my dongle and Sapphire 9 so all is well. 

Today I forgot to put my Ver. 9 sapphire dongle on and left the version 6 dongle connected.  I didn't get the usual sapphire warnings of license expired, perhaps due to the fact that I still had a valid sapphire 6 dongle plugged in.  When I realized what was going on I shut down avid and swapped to the correct dongle. 

All of this makes perfect sense but then I noticed everywhere I had rendered in earlier acts of the show the safe color limit I render had become partially unrendered where ever there was a sapphire effect.  Usually when I have already rendered a section with sapphire effects if I don't have a sapphire dongle the pre rendered effects remain rendered.  The behavior of sapphire V9 when unlicensed is to put a red X over the frame.  So I assume because I had an older version dongle attached sapphire decided to not complain but put a red X over the frames which seems to have unrendered my upper track Safe color limit effect.  As I have never experienced this issue before I assume it is a by product of the varying versions on the dongles and having a version 6 dongle plugged in when the system has sapphire 9 installed acts differently than just not having a dongle plugged in.  Not sure it that's what caused it but something to keep in mind if you have to run differing sapphire versions.

The reason we couldn't stick with sapphire Ver. 6 in online is offline used some sapphire effects that only exist in Ver. 9.  Many of the standard effects still worked but there was one particular melt away transition effect that showed up as unrecognized in Sapphire 6.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment