Monday, March 27, 2017

[Avid-L2] Re: Conforming back to camera original files

 

Hi L-er's

Ok we're getting close to the end, so I'm trying to take the best route.
It seems that Resolve is the easiest, from what I read here.

I'm not very familiar with Resolve, but I learn fast and what I need mainly is to grasp the method so that I'm not taken for a ride by whoever ends up doing it.
So I did a little test, exporting one sequence as AAF. I can import it in Resolve, now how would I go back to the originals?

I should add that I came on board late on the project, and the DiT on set just provided the assistant editor with DNxHD36 files, no Resolve project. Also, the Assistant Editor was happy to just import the .mxf and sync them up. I don't know if there was something else she should have done before editing actually started.

And last, but not least, quite a few shots were done at 96fps and the assistant used Timewarp to create some 24fps shots, so we'd have a choice during editing (fight scenes). She also did that because there was sound recorded during those takes, and that was her way to sync it up. But now that I get the AAF from Avid to Resolve, it's hell and none of the shots match the export. I guess some TC issue. Is there something else I should be aware of?

Last thing, would it make sense to relink to the original in Media Composer - if that's even possible, since the camera raw are Prores @ 3.2K.

Thanks a lot for some light... at the end of this tunnel!
Pierre

> Re: Conforming back to camera original files
> Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:32 am (PST) . Posted by: pat_adc
> I'd agree with Bourke. Use resolve.
> You have used Resolve already and now on Avid. To Add Premiere into the mix is asking for trouble.
> If VFX elememts need After effects then conform those elements in premiere or conform in resolve and send those to premiere. The elements sent for VFX will need to be graded first anyway won't they?
>
> Pat from his mobile.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Pierre <ph@cineaste.org>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment