Wednesday, March 22, 2017

[Avid-L2] Frame Flex

 

Hi All,

I have a project finishing in 1920x1080 23.98 on Avid.

Some source material was shot 2880 x 1620.

During edit, dalies were made @ 1920x1080 (scaled to fit) and zooms and repos were done with resize or 3d warp avid effects.

I would like to have access to all of the extra pixels available in the original 2.8k footage.  I have gotten as far as re-linking the clips to the 2.8k media in my 1920x1080 avid project.  This of course scales down the 2.8k with frame flex (no quality loss).  I know i can't just throw a 3DW or resize on top of that to emulate a push in, because I would now sacrifice resolution when pushing into these shots.

My question is:  How do I create a push in at maximum resolution using all source pixels while still working an Avid workflow?

Also, Is there a way to manipulate the frame flex tools while simultaneously superimposing my editorial reference to create a match.  Instead, the frame flex effect only allows me to see the 2.8k clip solo.  This makes pixel for pixel matching to a reference very cumbersome and inefficient.  Why not offer some sort of transparency tools?

Anybody have a work around?

Thanks!


__._,_.___

Posted by: liquidhavoc@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment