Saturday, February 25, 2017

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: DNxIO Artist output HD and SD SDI at the same time?

 

Wow that's great news.  I had experimented but found I only could get HD signals if I was in Quad Link mode.  I didn't dig into the manual far enough I suppose.  I think that working in 4096x2160 also throws a potential glitch as sometimes my monitor will lock to the 2K signal in the Quad Link mode and sometimes not.  The work around was to set it to 3840x2160 and deal with the letter box.

So if I'm understanding even when I set the Avid internal video output settings to 3840x2160 hardware if the BM control panel is set to single or dual link then the 3rd and 4th bncs in the output quad will have HD signal.  I didn't see anything in the control panel that indicated that functionality when I switched modes so I figured it wasn't there. 

So with this new awareness I can feed HDMI 4K to my big 4K screen and send the 3 or 4 output to my normal  SDI scope and ref monitor all at the same time.  I'd just been feeding the HD out the HDMI and switching to 4K for final viewing for pixel issues.  In practice though I could swear I see more sharp edges when I run HD into the 4K monitor than when I switch to 4K UHD output.   It's very slight but on certain face shots it seems like the HD signal gets more enhanced/sharpness.  Perhaps this is due to the upscalling by the monitor but I thought if I was close enough I would see more detail in 4K mode.  Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <domqsilverio@...> wrote :

You can do 4K and compatible HD at the same time. Set the output to dual or single mode in BM drivers. SDI 3 and 4 will automatically send downconverted HD. Same frame rate, HD raster. 

I have not tested it for HD to SD. 

DQS


On Feb 25, 2017, at 11:21 PM, bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Your experience mirrors mine.  I was disappointed to find this out.  I had hoped to feed 4K out of one set of outputs and HD-SDI to my scope and PVM OLED but no such luck as far as I know.  I figured it would be similar in capability to a Kona3 back in the day but then this is BM and even with the Avid brand it is a typical BM component performing under a comparable AJA product and NO UNIVERSAL MASTERING. 


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <jay_mahavier@...> wrote :

Does anyone know if it's possible to output SDI in both HD and SD formats at the same time from a DNxIO box? I know I use to do it on the Nitris DX, but that had separate jacks for HD SDI and SD SDI. On the DNxIO box it seems like all the SDI ports are multipurpose and I'm not seeing a way in the Desktop Video Setup software to assign some of the SDI ports to be HD and others to be SD at the same time.

Thanks,
Jay

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment