Friday, February 24, 2017

Re: [Avid-L2] Has anybody delivered files to APT? (US public television distributor)

 

Awww, too bad - I was hoping you had set a precedent I could cite!

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 1:54 PM, john beck <jb30343@windstream.net> wrote:
I was wrong.  I SHOULDN'T TRUST MY MEMORY.  APT International wants files.  That's where I was delivering a few weeks ago.  I delivered to the US APT last year and they insisted on tape.  I also delivered to PBS last year and they would take either but nudged me toward tape.  Sorry for the confusion.  Ignore what I said earlier.  --J.B.

Wilson Chao wrote:
I'd really appreciate whatever info you can send me, thanks!




On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 1:37 PM, john beck <jb30343@windstream.net <mailto:jb30343@windstream.net>> wrote:

    Hi Wilson,  I delivered a file to APT a few weeks ago.  The file
    deliver was their request.  The last show I sent PBS went on tape.
    Also their request.

    The file I sent APT was a MXF with XDCAM 50 essence. The audio was
    TKS 1-2 stereo L&R, TKS 3-4 mono, TKS 5-8 blank.  I can send you
    their full specs if that helps.  --J.B.

    wilsonchao@gmail.com <mailto:wilsonchao@gmail.com> [Avid-L2] wrote:



        To my US public television colleagues:  I've been delivering
        files directly to PBS for several years, even in cases when a
        PBS "presenting station" said they wanted me to deliver HDCam
        tapes through them. So now I'm working on several "how to"
        series distributed through APT, whose technical specs require
        tape only.  Has anybody gotten around this & successfully
        delivered programs to APT as files?  Thanks for whatever you
        can tell me!



       







__._,_.___

Posted by: Wilson Chao <wilsonchao@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment