Thursday, January 26, 2017

Re: [Avid-L2] Replacing MacPro

 

Jay

That expansion enclosure would do a lot to expand the trash can.  It says Avid approved but is anybody using it with Avid Nitris or MojoDX?

Lou Wirth Productions
500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
Corte Madera, CA 94925
415-924-9411p


 





On Jan 26, 2017, at 8:22 PM, Jay Mahavier jay_mahavier@earthlink.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I've found that I prefer eSATA to USB3.  But you can also get a Sonnet Tech enclosure/expander that you can use with a trash can that actually works pretty good.


Jay


On Jan 26, 2017, at 6:50 PM, RRF Avid rrfavid@hotsprocketfilms.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:



Lou,

but if I need to replace this, I'm not buying a trash can because I have too much invested in ESATA and Firewire drives 

FWIW, I have some legacy drives with FW800 and eSata connectivity.  I use Thunderbolt to FW800 adapters with my trash can.  Slow, but otherwise no big deal.  There are TB to eSata adaptors out there too.


My trash can has been the best and most trouble free computer I have ever owned (knock wood), and hence worth the price.

- Rich


On Jan 26, 2017, at 3:46 PM, Lou Wirth loutv@mindspring.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I've been having some really substantial issues lately on my 2009 Mac Pro and I won't go into details but its starting to look like it may be the Mac PCI slot or logic board. Having a tech in tomorrow but if I need to replace this, I'm not buying a trash can because I have too much invested in ESATA and Firewire drives and at this stage in my life not going to recoup that cost. Not going PC because I've just been mac too long.
My questions is, can I replace with the 2009, 2010 or 2011 macpros? I think there are no more of this build after that. Are there any issues with these later models or do they all run Avid about the same?  

thanks 

Lou

Lou Wirth Productions
500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
Corte Madera, CA 94925
www.louwirth.com
415-924-9411p







__._,_.___

Posted by: Lou Wirth <loutv@mindspring.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment