Friday, January 6, 2017

RE: [Avid-L2] Mac issue

 

I would use "sudo" in the terminal:
  1. Open a terminal window (in /Applications/Utilities/)
  2. type "sudo chmod -R o+rw " (make sure you type the space at the end) then drag the problem folder into the terminal window (its path should be added to the end of the command.
  3. Press return.
  4. Type your normal password (nothing visible happens - don't panic!)
That should give all users read and write permission on the folder and everything inside it.

Ross


From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com [Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 06 January 2017 16:34
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Avid-L2] Mac issue

 

I need to tap the Mac gurus here.

I have some folders of footage a client put on dropbox. I download and put on my drive. But I need to update and can't. I can't drag files into the folder (get the circle slash icon) and I can't even delete or trash the folder and reload the updated. All the folders and files have the little blue lock in the lower left corner. No matter what I do in the Cmd-I unlock and unlock enclosed items…nothing happens. I can't fix permissions on this drive as its not a start up drive. How can I unlock these folders? I can't change permissions to read/write for the admin as it says I don't have necessary permissions. This is really frustrating. What can you tell me about this issue?

thanks
Lou
Lou Wirth Productions
500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
Corte Madera, CA 94925
www.louwirth.com
415-924-9411p

__._,_.___

Posted by: Ross Flint <Ross@hireworks.tv>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment