Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Fancy Optical Discs for Archive

 

Where do you go in settings to throttle back the speed that you write to the disk?  It's been a while but I remember there were pulldown choices for basic DVD drive speeds etc...  Is the speed at which you write to the drive controlled by 3rd party software used to make the disc or is it a system/os setting?



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <mrsantora@...> wrote :

 I use the 100gb Mdisc blu rays to archive off my photos.  Once burned they are supposed to be playable on any BDXL compatible drive, although I haven't tried it.  Also, you can coaster these pretty easily.  Don't over pack them and whatever you do, don't try to write too fast to them.  That's the easiest way to make them into coasters.


As I worried that the drive might go out of stock eventually, I did purchase and additional LG MDisc drive and put it in an external case which I keep off site with the discs.  When I've tested it out, it works pretty well - although don't expect to work off it.  It is not fast.  But for archiving, I couldn't be happier.

Mark




On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 9:56 AM, blafarm@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

You might be referring to my post from last year:


 






---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <davaldod@...> wrote :

I seem to recall a brief mention here a few months ago of some new optical discs -- maybe the same size or fundamental technology as Blu-ray -- but that these discs were somehow engineered to be non-corroding, non-decaying, guaranteed for 1000 years, something like that. Was I dreaming this or was this, in fact, mentioned here?

Thanks,

DD


David Dodson
davaldod@...


__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment