Saturday, September 24, 2016

[Avid-L2] Re: Today's QC Quote lets all get Crunky?

 

Well my Post Supervisor just in formed me "Crunk" = Crazy Drunk.  Now I of all people should understand that term but for the life of me I don't get what they mean by it other than jacking levels to a ridiculous level on setup and gain I suppose.

Don't get me started on who I think is Crazy Drunk for even noting these inconsequential so called artifacts.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :

I am battling some of the most over the top QC notes in a long time.  If I blow up the screen 200 percent I can sort of find these flashing "artifacts" QC claims are 3s.  They are at best 1s and are virtually invisible on anything but a hyper tweaked in contrast etc monitor.  I am really starting to believe they are running my SDR, standard dynamic range, file into an HDR monitor to that it is completely blown out to see these supposed artifacts.  Here's the quote of the day from QC

"If you still wanted help locating these stuck pixels, get your levels "crunk and look...."

So what the hell is "Crunk"?  I'm guessing crushed and something else.  I've never heard this term in my life.  Is it really a thing?
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@...

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment