Thursday, July 21, 2016

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Resolve 12.5

 

Hi Frank,

You can send a clip, group of clips or whole sequence to Fusion and bring it back.  The Black Magic event in NY yesterday had some impressive demos.  In fusion, you can use 3D space with imported 3D objects and create cameras to move through a scene like after effects. 

Best Wishes,

Paul

From: "Frank Capria frankcapria@yahoo.com [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: "Avid-L2" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 2:45:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Resolve 12.5

 


Thanks, Scott. Kind of validates my thinking. My heightened interest in Resolve is due to the upcoming school year. Over the past few years there's been a significant uptick in student adoption of it. I'm thinking about formally incorporating it into my Finishing and Effects class at BU. I'm leaning toward using it for color and DI functionality only this semester. I like the Deliver features in it as well. Students have the same pain points as the rest of us... getting a file where it needs to go in the right format is an elusive skill. 

Got to hand it to Blackmagic. Their freemium strategy really works with students. I hardly meet a film student in any program not familiar with Resolve. 


On Thursday, July 14, 2016 2:18 PM, "switthaus@mac.com [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
Hey Frank - 

I guess for me, I consider myself and editor first who can do a bit of color and sound as needed.  And for that kind of thing, I can stay in X.  If it is a heavy duty color gig that is needed, I go to a colorist (who is probably using Resolve and a real live control surface) and let him/her do what he/she does best.

So I have Resolve on my system (along with all the other "A's") but it is probably last on the list as an editor and any color I need to do personally can be covered with X and/or Color Finale.  More than that goes to Resolve as a color correction system.





__._,_.___

Posted by: paulsulsky@comcast.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (56)

Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail app
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment