Saturday, June 4, 2016

RE: [Avid-L2] XDCAM EX codec for .mov

 

Eric, I don't think XDCAM EX can be made into a .mov file whether it's on a PC or a Mac. XDCAM EX is just MXF!

 

From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 4, 2016 3:46 PM
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com; John Pale <pale.edit@gmail.com>
Cc: Steve Garman <Steve@garman.com>
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] XDCAM EX codec for .mov

 

 

Steve and John,

 

Thank you. That's the problem I'm running into. 

 

I drop the file in Media Encoder but there isn't an option for a XDCAM EX codec for a .mov file type.

 

I'm hoping someone other there can do this on a PC. 

I'm running Win7 Ultimate

Avid MC 6.5.2

Adobe Master Collection CS6

 

if that helps at all. 

 

Thanks again everyone I really appreciate it. I'm going to keep searching old threads but it's not looking good. Lots of people with the similar problem but no solutions posted.

 

Eric

 

 

 

 

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 1:33 PM, John Pale pale.edit@gmail.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

He wants QuickTime not MXF



On Saturday, June 4, 2016, 'Steve Garman' Steve@Garman.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Eric, Open Media Encoder in Windows. I have it running in Windows 10. Select MXF OP1a then Select XDCAM EX then twirl down and you will see 5 flavors of XDCAM EX 35, one of which will be what you need.

 

 

From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 4, 2016 2:06 PM
To: Steve Garman <Steve@garman.com>
Cc: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] XDCAM EX codec for .mov

 

 

Thank you to all of you for your help but I'm still stuck. 

 

Dave, I tried installing  the Sony AMA. It didn't allow me to export XDCAM EX 35. or any flavor of XDCAM.

 

Greg, I tried using Adobe Media Encoder, it doesn't have the XDCAM EX codec either unfortunately on the PC side. As all the codecs are usually shared I didn't expect it to be in Premiere Pro either, I tried to export it via Premiere Pro and the codec was not there either. 

 

Rob, I did download the demo version to test the Calibrated Software MPEG2-X to create the XDCAM EX codec .mov file. I can see and successfully export a QuickTime .mov file with the Cs codecs but using the proprietary codec from Calibrated is it actually the XDCAM EX codec and will it work the same? I unfortunately don't have a way to test the files via the delivery encoder until Monday when the engineers are back and that is my deadline to have this project file delivered. 

 

I've scoured several more hours across the web and reading threads. I found an old thread from 2008 about installing the SxS device driver first, then the SxS UDF driver second. Then after both are installed installing the i.link fam driver for optical XDCAM products. I tried that, and it does give me the option to create an XDCAM EX project in Premiere and Avid but not to export an .mov with the XDCAM EX codec.

 

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. 48 hours into reading old threads and trying things is starting to feel like a cross between superstitions and blind luck at the moment.

 

I'm really trying to not go by a mac and install Final Cut X just so I can export the deliver file as a .mov with the XDCAM EX codec. ugh....

 

 

Thank you all for help in advance I greatly appreciate it.

 

 Eric

 

 

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Steve Garman <Steve@garman.com> wrote:

You can dial in these exact parameters in Adobe Media encoder.

 

From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2016 11:35 AM
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Avid-L2] XDCAM EX codec for .mov

 

 

This is a new one for me and after reading and researching for hours I'm at a blank. 

The format I need to deliver our show in is XDCAM EX codec in a quicktime .mov

I'm on a PC running MC 6.5.2

 

I tried sending the DVCPRO codec, (it looks aweful btw), an H264 as well as an OP1A.mxf. It seems their encoder plays it back jittery so the only format I can deliver in is a XDCAM EX .mov file.

 

With that said, I searched high and low yesterday to no avail. I read old threads on the L back to 2006. 

 

I tried the demo version of Calibrated XD Decode and installed it but I couldn't figure out how to get Avid to see the codecs so it would export the .mov with the XDCAM EX wrapper on it. 

 

The specs I need to deliver are:

XDCAM EX Codec

quicktime .mov

35 MB/s VBR

1920x1080

upper field first

29.97 fps

2 Ch audio

16 Bit

48 KHz

Linear PCM audio codec

 

This shouldn't be this hard but I've hit the wall. If anyone has any suggestions I am fully open to them and would appreciate the vast knowledge here on the L to point me in the right direction.

 

Thank you many times in advance and I'm even open to an old school Zelin chastising if it can make this work haha.

 

Thanks,

 

Eric

 

 

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Steve Garman" <Steve@Garman.Com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment