Friday, May 13, 2016

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Hello 4K does and 90 minute show take 10 plus hours to export? U

 

The workflow problem is I don't want to bake out a full 4K .mov of the sequence to then have to scale it in some other app just so it can be played back in ProTools.  I'm not denying that there are better scaling software but for my purposes I just want to crank it out for in house use. 

My final delivery will be the True 4K file which the facility that will make the IMF files from this will also create the HD version.  I'm sure they have the correct hardware/software for the task that will be way better and more time efficient than what I can do on my MacPro while trying to continue to edit.



---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <cutandcover@...> wrote :

You are about 500% better off scaling outside of MC. For anything. I would try to output SAS and then use Media Encoder to scale down to HD. Scaling is NOT MC's strong point, up or down.

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 1:54 PM, bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Don't know if you say my follow up post.  I found if I toggle the project format from 4K 4096x2160 to HD before exporting then the export only takes 2.5 hours for a 90 minute timeline so that seems more in the ball park.  My guess is being in HD Avid isn't crunching as many pixels,  not sure how that works if it's like the Red Camera Raw that is made to pluck out lower resolutions easily (or would that be a form of debayering?).   Fewer pixel combined with no longer a need to do the whacky scaling from 1.9 Aspect Ratio of True HD to 1.77 during the export is what I think might account for the speed up.  Downside is the  resulting HD file will be a little tall and skinny.  I haven't found out how to properly crop the 1.9 to 1.77 on export.  As I said earlier in a thread at an Avid Demo a few weeks back I was told if I toggled to HD for the export Avid would take care of the crop but I'm not sure that's what is really happening or if the Avid demo person really understood that I was asking about 1.9 True 4K material.



---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <pat@...> wrote :

John have you tried doing a video mixdown of a section as a test.
I find MC is slow when effectively rendering during export which what is happening for you. But fast when doing an internal video mixdown.
Ideally create an export timeline of a single video mixdown track and mixed down audio. Much like a tape lay off. Then export that. If you spot an issue that needs fixing go to you main seq. Do the fix. Mixdown that section an cut into export timeline. Then re export.

Pat from his mobile.


__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment