Saturday, May 28, 2016

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Firefox tip for downloading many multiple files increasing limit

 

No connection issue possible.  This card has 3 bncs on it.  Ref in, SDI IN, SDI OUT.  It works fine on my OS 8.5 startup drive with Avid 8.4.5.  Now that I've ugraded to 10.9.5 I only see SD output from the card.  I do see Avid's video it's just SD.  There's only one output spigot which I haven't changed.  If I was on the Ref or SDI input I would see no signal at all.  Even with Avid not running there is a choice for what format to output and no matter what I toggle that to, in this case 1080P 23.976 the SDI Output is still SD.  This was with Video Desktop 10.6.  I've downloaded all the way back to Video desktop 9.2.3 or so.  I went back downloading each version back from 10.6 stopping at the last one that no longer said it was supported in 10.9.  I think that was around 9.2.3 ish.  I will start with the first version compatible with 10.9 and see what it outputs standalone with no software running and if it will toggle.  Then I'll move on from there.
 


---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <pale.edit@...> wrote :

It's been awhile since I had a BMD card, but are you sure this isn't a connection issue?  
I remember on mine there was a dedicated down convert SDI output.  Is it possible you are connected to that and not the main HDSDI output?

On Saturday, May 28, 2016, bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Just used this trick to download more than 6 streams from a site in firefox.  This is my old post.  However I found and error in my instructions from before.  When you open a new tab type "about:config"  with a colon not "about.config" with a period like I mistyped back when I posted this tip.

I'm downloading every Black Magic Desktop going way back because now that I've upgraded one of my startup drives to Mac OS 10.9.5 I needed to update the video desktop software for my Decklink SDI card.  So far runnin 10.6 will only show SD video out of my True 4K project even when I set the BM Desktop software to 1080P 23.976.  Anybody know the magic receipe for Avid 8.5.3 Mac OS 10.9.5 and a Decklink SDI.  I know this is an old card but when I installed Video desktop 10.6 it did update/flash the Decklink SDI without giving me an error and it did a restart after the install.  I've only tried Avid and it goes to the Video Desktop Software when I hit more in the video output setting so Avid knows it's there it just doesn't seem to want to output anything but SD out the SDI on the output to my scope and monitor.  Tried changing to 1080{ 23.976 in the desktop software but no change on output.  Toggle the actual Avid project to NTSC 23.98 project and HD 1080P 23.976 but still only SD SDI out of the Decklink SDI.

When I fire up my NitrisDX it works fine and spits out HD 1080P 23.976 so I can always go there but I like the decklink because it's quieter in my edit room at home.  I didn't spring for an acoustically isolated rack.  Maybe for Xmas.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :

I use firefox and I have always found that when I'm trying to download multiple files like from a sound effects library I could only get 6 downloads going at a time.  I thought this was a limitation of the site I was on but tonight I found that there is a setting in firefox that limits the number of simultaneous downloads from the same server.  If you open a new tab and type "about.config" in the address bar you gain access to a ton of setting most of which I will never touch but the one that controls the downloads is:

network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-serverâ€

I set it from 6 to 14 and voila I'm downloading all 14 files from a lesson plan at the same time.  Hope this helps somebody along the way.
 
John Moore
Barking Trout Productions
Studio City, CA
bigfish@...

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (17)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment