Saturday, May 7, 2016

Re: [Avid-L2] New Blue Enema Time?

 

That's good to know.  Given this is for Netflix with their strict edict of True 4K I wonder it they would notice.  Fortunately there are virtually no titles in this project other than credits and a slate.



---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <mactvman@...> wrote :

There is a simple work around.  The same features that allow you to work in 4K also allow proxy settings, or changing the resolution of your avid on the fly.  For offline, I just suggest working with the title tool while switched to 1080p.  When you are ready to output you can switch to 4k and the scaling is minimal.  Fact of the matter is that most of your clients won't notice the titles are scaled 1080p, and the ones that do are probably having custom graphics made anyway.

Just a thought.

Dave Hogan
Burbank, CA


On Friday, May 6, 2016 10:40 PM, "Mike Parsons mikeparsons.tv@... [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
Me? I'm the bad guy?

Almost forgot everything is always my fault:)

I still miss the chyron 4 so don't pick on me:)

Sent from my iPhone

On May 7, 2016, at 11:05 AM, John Moore bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
Okay I'm willing to learn new things when needed but I find the loss of the Title Tool in 4K just Fing stupid.  I don't care how lame title tool is, the point is it works for what it has been used for for decades.  Please someone correct me if I'm wrong given my novice status on New Blue but it appears I can no longer recreate titles in a sequence like I'm use to. The lack of an auto promotion for a sequence like you could do with Marquee is really a pain.  Do I really have to highlight all the titles while in effects mode and then click the promote option in the tools menu?  At that point can I choose Recreate Titles from in to out like I'm use to?

When I promoted a slate and a main title slug the slate worked but the main title slug was a little over 15 seconds but the new blue title interface only created 3 seconds of title timeline so the title just faded out and disappeared after 3 seconds in the timeline.  I found the duration command but even when creating a brand new New Blue title is still defaulted to only 3 seconds in the New Blue Timeline.  Is this some sort of preference that a new title takes on characteristics of the previously recreated title?  I can't imagine why when I place a brand new New Blue Title Effect into the timeline with a duration of 15:18 it opens up with "enter text" but it only lasts 3 seconds.  When I save the title by closing the box it says it renders but nothing appears in a bin anywhere so it seems the only way to reuse a title is by hole down Cmd/Ctrl while save the effect to a bin to save it with source.  Even after doing that I'm thinking it's going to keep the timeline characteristic's of the original effect so that would mean I'd have to go in a tweak that instead of just cutting in the same title in a new place like I'm use to.

Look I get that it's a more powerful tool but it doesn't appear to work much like the existing Title Tool on my admittedly limited start with it.  Bottom line is it seems a very different beast and it doesn't seem like it is going to work anything like the Title Tool has for decades.  I really don't understand if they were able to migrate the title tool to HD now we are just going to something 4 times bigger.  Okay for True 4K is a bit more than 4 times bigger but come on this is a basic core part of the software that people have grown accustomed too for decades.  I haven't had the need to work in a True 2K project yet does the title tool work in those projects?

I can't imagine it would cost anywhere near 6 million dollars to update the title tool to work in 4K.  Let's see I wonder where Avid might be wasting 6 million dollars that could be better spent on keeping the Avid product viable in a 4K world.  I know there was something I read about 6 million bucks and Avid.  Oh what could it be?  It's on the tip of my tongue but I just can't remember what it was.  Hey wait there's a rerun of the Six Million Dollar Man on Antenna TV right now.  Always loved that show.  Yeah the 6 million dollar sound effect is soooo great and brings back such memories.  Oh what was I talking about?

See Mike P.  some of us are very open minded we can complain about the old title tool and it's supposed replacement the New Blue Enema equally.  That's not being closed minded is it?
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@...


__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment