Saturday, May 28, 2016

[Avid-L2] Re: Firefox tip for downloading many multiple files increasing limit

 

Just used this trick to download more than 6 streams from a site in firefox.  This is my old post.  However I found and error in my instructions from before.  When you open a new tab type "about:config"  with a colon not "about.config" with a period like I mistyped back when I posted this tip.

I'm downloading every Black Magic Desktop going way back because now that I've upgraded one of my startup drives to Mac OS 10.9.5 I needed to update the video desktop software for my Decklink SDI card.  So far runnin 10.6 will only show SD video out of my True 4K project even when I set the BM Desktop software to 1080P 23.976.  Anybody know the magic receipe for Avid 8.5.3 Mac OS 10.9.5 and a Decklink SDI.  I know this is an old card but when I installed Video desktop 10.6 it did update/flash the Decklink SDI without giving me an error and it did a restart after the install.  I've only tried Avid and it goes to the Video Desktop Software when I hit more in the video output setting so Avid knows it's there it just doesn't seem to want to output anything but SD out the SDI on the output to my scope and monitor.  Tried changing to 1080{ 23.976 in the desktop software but no change on output.  Toggle the actual Avid project to NTSC 23.98 project and HD 1080P 23.976 but still only SD SDI out of the Decklink SDI.

When I fire up my NitrisDX it works fine and spits out HD 1080P 23.976 so I can always go there but I like the decklink because it's quieter in my edit room at home.  I didn't spring for an acoustically isolated rack.  Maybe for Xmas.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :

I use firefox and I have always found that when I'm trying to download multiple files like from a sound effects library I could only get 6 downloads going at a time.  I thought this was a limitation of the site I was on but tonight I found that there is a setting in firefox that limits the number of simultaneous downloads from the same server.  If you open a new tab and type "about.config" in the address bar you gain access to a ton of setting most of which I will never touch but the one that controls the downloads is:

network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-serverâ€

I set it from 6 to 14 and voila I'm downloading all 14 files from a lesson plan at the same time.  Hope this helps somebody along the way.
 
John Moore
Barking Trout Productions
Studio City, CA
bigfish@...

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (15)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment