Saturday, April 2, 2016

Re: [Avid-L2] Laptop Media Composer for XAVC editing - best configuration and workflow

 

I would not try to cut anything XAVC intra.  I've not seen it perform well on any system, even high end desktops.   I'd transcode to Avid DNX.   Others may feel differently. But that's my experience.

On Saturday, April 2, 2016, hartfilms@earthlink.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I know Avid's official recommendations but would like to hear from freelance editors who have cut long form XAVC Intra on a bare bones PC laptop--HP? Dell? I don't plan to go above a 1080 timeline or do any graphics or grading outside of MC on it. Any pros, cons, caveats including advice about storage and I/O, resellers and system rentals would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Jayasri Hart

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Pale <pale.edit@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? The Yahoo Mail app is fast, beautiful and intuitive. Try it today!

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment