Friday, April 1, 2016

[Avid-L2] Media Composer 8.4.5 vs. 8.5.1 Stability and Compatibility?

 

As we embark on the 4K adventure at work the AEs loaded 8.5.1 onto their stations and ama linked to Panny True 4K material.  They transcoded to DNX36 and multigrouped for offline.  They are offlining with 8.5.1.  As I prepare for the online I'm wondering if I would be better off running 8.4.5 than 8.5.1.  Having not spent any quality time onlining with more than 8.3.1 I'm not current with the bugs I might encounter along the way.  I guess title tool will not work in the projects or does it work for offline if they toggle to an HD project setting?  In the end the title tool won't work in my final 4K project as I understand it.  I've seen posts that the ability of New Blue to open an title tool and upgrade it to New Blue aren't working reliably but I haven't loaded New Blue yet to see how it works.

What are others feelings on an offline done with 8.5.1 going to 8.4.5 for online?  These are very straight forward shows with few effects so at least that part of it will make the virgin cruise into 4K slightly easier but I'm trying to avoid as much stability issues as possible.  This will be on MacPro Tower mid 2010 upgraded to 12 core 3.33GHz with 24 GB of ram and a Nitris DX.  OS 10.9.5.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? The Yahoo Mail app is fast, beautiful and intuitive. Try it today!

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment