Saturday, March 26, 2016

Re: [Avid-L2] Same as Source QT export creates .mov with wrong data rate in QT and Media Info?

 

friggin auto correct. try 'mix down' just on the very first clip.
----------------------------------------------------
Greg Huson
Chief
Secret Headquarters, Inc
Production / Post Production
Culver City, CA
323 677 2092
www.SecretHQ.com
www.DigitalServiceStation.com

> On Mar 26, 2016, at 7:51 PM, Greg Huson Greg@SecretHQ.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>
> If you're not going to do video mix down, try next town just on the first clip. Then export short section that includes the next few clips and see if it is correctly identified.
>
> Don't remember back to 6.5, but even then I think a video makes down then export same as source is going to be faster anyway, so I feel like you're just looking for trouble! ;-)
>
> ________________________
> Greg Huson
> Secret Headquarters, Inc
> Greg (at) SecretHQ.com
> www.SecretHQ.com
> DigitalServiceStation.com
>
> On Mar 26, 2016, at 18:56, John Moore bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> In today's episode of Mystery Render Theater 300 I am trying to exports same as source to QT in a 1080 23.976 project. All media is DNX-175X as are all renders. I'm adding a time code burn in. When I export the sequence same as source I end up with a QT .mov that lists as Avid 1:1x and a data rate of 796.67 mbits/sec in QT 7. Using Media Info to access the file it too shows a bit rate of 797Mbps and lists the Codec ID as qt 2005.03(qt ).
>>
>> All the sources are DNX-175X. If I export the actual clips from the bin the show correctly as DNX-175X. If I remove the color effect off the clip in the timeline the exported file is also correctly listed as DNX-175X. If I leave the symphony color correction on and add a safe color limit and render it the exported file is DNX-175X. If I don't render the safe color then the exported file shows up as the 1:1X with the 797Mbps data rate.
>>
>> The clips are from Arri Alexa and Amira and were baked in Resolve to DNX-175X.
>>
>> It seems it's some sort of meta data inaccuracy because when I export the Hour and 20 minute time line the resulting file is around 100Gigs so the video essence must be DNX-175X and not 1:1 x. I always add a safe color render first to my sequences before exporting so I have never seen this behavior before. Also I almost never export to QT same as source but usually use a QT Ref. In this case because it is a high res output with Time Code Burn In for ProTools watchdown I skipped my usual Safe Color Limit and found this issue.
>>
>> I don't understand if an uncolor corrected clip knows to export same as source as DNX-175X why would adding a symphony color correction confuse the meta data into thinking the same as source export is 1:1 x? Just a quirky thing.
>>
>> I'm on MacPro 10.8.5 12 Core running Avid SNDX 6.5.4.7.
>>
>> John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net
>>
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: Greg Huson <greg@secrethq.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail App
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use, Yahoo Mail app today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment