Saturday, January 23, 2016

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: DNxHR and HD

 

DNxHD 220 and DNxHD185 are the same quality: DNx220 is a 29.97fps (1080) codec and DNx185 is the equivalent codec for 1080 25fps.

As far as I can tell, either one is roughly equivalent to DNxHR HQ.

DNxHR bitrates:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/White_Paper/DNxHR-Codec-Bandwidth-Specifications

Some DNxHD bitrates:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/White_Paper/HD-and-SD-Media-Bandwidth-Specifications?retURL=%2Fpkb%2Farticles%2Fen_US%2FWhite_Paper%2FDNxHR-Codec-Bandwidth-Specifications

D.

Sent from my mobile phone - please excuse spellung.
   
On 23 Jan 2016 7:48 p.m., "ph@cineaste.org [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>  
>
> I don't necessarily want to force it, but when I go to "Export" my sequence, MC tells me it can't do same as source and will convert to whatever DNxHD set in the Media Creation. You're probably right that DNxHR is no more than DNxHD without the 1920x1080 constrain. I'm happy to use one of those on export, what would be the closest DNxHD to DNxHR HQ? DNxHD 220? DNxHD185?
>
> Thanks!
> P.
>
>
> ---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <pat@...> wrote :
>
>
> Why try and force DNxHR?
> I did some calculations and I'm pretty sure its basically DNx extended to greater than HD resolution. Compression etc is the same or very similar as DNx
> So DNxHR if you are over HD res stick with DNx for HD res.
> No need or gain in trying to force DNxHR at HD res.
>
> Pat from his mobile.
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: David Ross <speckydave@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment