Friday, December 25, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Sync clips - can they take audio file name instead?

 

This is as good a solution as I could hope for, and will try it out when I get back from break. Merry xmas Job! (or whatever non-denominational holiday festivities you celebrate!)

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 6:06 PM, Job ter Burg (L2B) <Job_L2@terburg.com> wrote:

Avid never made any progress with AutoSync, unfortunately. Or with any other feature. So it's not in there, no, and I would not hold my breath.

A workaround: after importing BWF, highlight the NAME column and duplicate it into a custom column of your choosing. AutoSync clips, then, with the .sync clips in their own bin, highlight the custom column with the names derived from the BWF import and duplicate back into the NAME column. Click OK to replace existing. 

When prepping shoot footage with sync audio, I use AutoSync all the time, but I find myself always having to copy the clip name of the audio file and paste it into the name of the sync clip. The camera clip name is generally vague, while the audio file name often has exactly what I'm looking for (scene/take number). Is there a way (that I am missing) that will allow me to choose this to happen automatically? Or am I stuck in copy/paste mode forever?

If so, it should be a feature, and I'll request it as long as I'm not already missing this.


__._,_.___

Posted by: Mark Spano <cutandcover@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment