Thursday, December 31, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: End of Year Tax Time Purchases?

 

Did some quick research.  Things are more complicated with PC Titan cards than the GTX 680...looks like you would need to bust out a soldering iron and put on a new chip.  Probably best to leave it to the pros.  

For what its worth, here is how I flashed a PC Nvidia GTX680 to be a Mac card.


Apologies if this hackery is not appropriate for this forum.

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 7:03 PM, bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I recall flashing things like Atto card etc...  I can remember in CMX class they mentioned "Blowing the Proms" which was always a fun thing to say.  Where does one find the flash file and flasher software for a TitanX graphic card.  I will have to re educate myself on the EFI etc...

Now I've ordered 2 TitanX cards as per Mikes suggestion.  With my current Mac Enabled GTX-680 in the MacPro chassis I really don't need to flash the new TitanXs if they will live in the expansion chassis.  Would it be more effective to Mac enable one of the TitanXs and put it in the MacPro Chassis and move the GTX-680 to the expansion chassis?



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <pale.edit@...> wrote :

For what it's worth, I have flashed an older generation card myself (pre-Titan).  Works fine.  No difference from a "genuine" Mac card.  Very simple process, but, by all means spend the flashing fee if you are not comfortable doing it yourself.


Sent from Outlook Mobile




On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 8:59 AM -0800, "'Dom Q. Silverio' domqsilverio@... [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

NVidia cards can be flashed to support EFI.
http://www.macvidcards.com/store/c2/Nvidia_GPUs.html

Dom Q. Silverio

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 11:34 AM, bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


This looks good.  I've checked with B&H about the TitanX but they tell me their Asues and EVGA models aren't Mac Compatible.  When I purchased my GTX-680 I got the Mac Edition from EVGA so I still get the startup screen etc...  Given I am going to keep my GTX-680 in the MacPro Chassis I would assume that it would still be driving the computer monitors and I would be okay putting the PC version TitanX cards in the expansion chassis to be used for extra horsepower in Resolve etc...

Does that make sense or is B&H not aware that there are TitanX cards that have the necessary Mac kernel or boot info to show a startup screen etc...


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <mikeparsons.tv@...> wrote :

I bought one of these from
Rich about 3 years ago for my resolve
http://www.whipping-post.com/agentx
It's got two titans in it and I get solid performance - it's been hammered but keeps on ticking.

Only thing I did was swap the fans for silent ones - the ones it came with sounded like a plane taking off.

Mike




__._,_.___

Posted by: John Pale <pale.edit@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (21)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment