Sunday, November 1, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Next Art of the Cut interview with Sicario's Joe Walker

 

Hi, Steve,

Love these articles. Questions:

First, in the SICARIO piece, Walker describes a layout he likes in a bin in which each series of take thumbnails for a given set-up are in one row. Then, the next series of takes for the next set-up are in the row below. My question is, how do you force the "Return" at the end of the row? Or do you? Is Walker talking about just manually dragging the thumbnails around the bin to organize them visually how he wants them, in discreet rows per set-up?

In other words, there's no legitimate function to "Return" at the end of the row in order to set it for sorting, correct?

Second, in the photos of Walker's keyboard, I fail to see where he has his arrow keys mapped to jump to the next cut. Whenever I use tab with my arrow keys (as he has pictured), I end up being thrown into Trim Mode. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

DD



On Oct 31, 2015, at 9:26 AM, Steve Hullfish Steve@veralith.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

This has some major truth bombs in it.



If anyone is offended by my constant pushing of these articles, please contact me off-line. Seriously. I am sensitive to it, but I honestly hope  they're a valuable resource to the community

Steve


__._,_.___

Posted by: David Dodson <davidadodson@sbcglobal.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment