Friday, November 20, 2015

[Avid-L2] Bone Head Paint Effect Scratch Removal with brushes?

 

I was attempting to do some wire removal using scratch removal tool in paint effect.  I was hoping to use a small brush and paint over some mono filament that is dancing around and catching the light some times.  I thought I could use scratch removal set to a 1 frame offset and just brush over the filament on each frame but when I draw the first brush stroke I end up with that brush stroke on every frame.  If I go to another frame and delete the brush stroke it's gone on the first frame etc....  I recall dust busting just going to a frame and tapping on the dust spot and then moving to the next frame but maybe that was just using the scratch removal macro which is only two frames long.

I ended up using BCC 8 wire removal and it's fine but am I crazy about scratch removal?  If you set up a long scratch removal paint effect is there a way to put in a fresh brush stroke on every frame.  I recall that the fluid motion effect editor works that way in that drawing a brush stroke on one frame doesn't put it on every frame.  You had to paint the fluid motion effect shape on every frame on to itself IIRC.  I remember being confused in the fluid motion effects editor because I wanted to animate a shape in the same manner I would a license blur in paint effect but it didn't work that way.

Is there something in Avid that I'm missing in Paint Effect or some other standard effect?
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment