Saturday, November 7, 2015

[Avid-L2] Adobe Media Encoder 23.976 coversion to 59.94i Time Code Base?

 

Having just jumped into using Adobe Media Encoder other than the 3:2 pulldown cadence it seems to work well.  I found my resulting files had NonDrop time code.  The code matched perfectly with slates and program start hitting right to the frame.  I used QT Change to change the time code to drop frame and that seems fine.

Today I played with the time code overlay and I found that when I turned it on it seemed to display as Drop Frame code based on the ";" instead of ":".  Also the file started at 59:00:00 and the time code overlay displayed 00:59:00:02 resulting in the overlay being two frames off at program start.  I found the time code offset and setting to -2 corrects the offset so things line up.  My quandary is why is the time code overlay showing drop frame code given the files I made the other day ended up with non drop code and I see no way to set that differently.  I would have expected that I would see Non Drop code displayed in the overlay.  Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing?  The interface seems pretty straight forward but it's very possible I'm just missing a menu somewhere.  Can anyone clarify this behavior?
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment