Friday, October 23, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Unity Media Net 18 vs. 24 seat dongle?

 

i believe the limits are 26FC and 20ETH clients.
They have more to do with bandwidth management and supported switches and expansions.

Back in the day, an FC seat added to the dongle was around 800$.

BG






From: "bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2015 5:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Unity Media Net 18 vs. 24 seat dongle?

 
Meanwhile back to the regularly scheduled thread.  Does anybody know if an older medianet 5 unity dongle can be upgraded to add more seats?  I don't know if Avid is still offering that given they have moved on to newer storage platforms with Isis etc....

What is the max number of seats for a medianet 5.  From a previous thread I had a while back I see ethernet clients are limited to 20 and it said fibre clients up to 36.  Is it possible then to have a combination of both and have 56 clients?  I'd bet that would become sluggish but that's just me guessing.


---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <bogdan_grigorescu@...> wrote :

because the media engine, 16TB can be had for 3-5G


From: "Robert Lawson avidrhl@... [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com; John Moore <bigfish@...>
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2015 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Unity Media Net 18 vs. 24 seat dongle?

 
Why not ISIS 1000?

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 5:46 PM John Moore bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 
We are looking at getting a 3rd Unity Medianet 5 Engine to go with the 3 extra Media Arrays we have already.  I was asked if 24 seats was a big deal over 18 seats.  I figure having the extra seat capacity would be important.  I'm now wondering what the cost per seat is for an Avid Unity Medianet 5.  I assume they are sold in bundles or groups of some many seats but I'm not sure.  I recall from a previous thread when I asked about Medianet 5's the fibre seat limit was 30 and the ethernet seat limit was 20.  Does an ethernet seat count the same as a fibre seat.  I would assume so but want to be sure I'm passing on good info.

Also I would assume it would be possible to upgrade a Unity MediaNet5 dongle for more seats can someone confirm that.  Given it's EOL I don't know if Avid still sells unity dongle upgrades.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@...




__._,_.___

Posted by: Bogdan Grigorescu <bogdan_grigorescu@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment