Saturday, October 17, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Please help! I can no longer Import once I updated to 8.4

 

Aha!


With Best Wishes
Roger Shufflebottom
rogershuff@yahoo.co.uk
+44 7973 543660


On 16 Oct 2015, at 18:17, Aimie Burns aimielistserve@gmail.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Everyone, 


So it turns out to be an apple/ mac problem - it is a problem with my Mac admin account - we made a new one, and the problem went away. The Avid tech has sent me instructions on how to set my mac user settings back to default - which I will try next week, and see if I have any luck with that. Otherwise, I'll just edit under the other user. 
He's not sure why this problem occurred, and was very helpful, and worked for over an hour trying all sorts of different thing.

Aimie 
_________________
Aimie Burns
Peace Through Education



On Oct 15, 2015, at 5:48 AM, Roger Shufflebottom <rogershuff@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Please keep us informed. I still suspect that is a permissions issue with this version of MC. I usually run 8.4.1 under my Mac admin account. When testing just now, I logged in as a Standard user. When running MC, I encountered an error message when saving or quitting - the Site Settings could not be saved - 'Disk Access Denied'. This is not normal. Please pass this on to Avid.

Also, did you try my last suggestion - make a new Mac admin account, make a folder, put a file in it and see if you can import?


With Best Wishes
Roger Shufflebottom
rogershuff@yahoo.co.uk
+44 7973 543660


On 14 Oct 2015, at 18:15, Aimie Burns aimielistserve@gmail.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Just wanted to update you - currently working with Avid Tech Support - they seem stumped too … almost an hour in to troubleshooting. Will let you know what they figure out. 

_________________
Aimie Burns
Peace Through Education



On Oct 8, 2015, at 2:40 AM, Roger Shufflebottom rogershuff@yahoo.co.uk [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I've been thinking about this. I teach in a university with 16 installations of MC 8.4 on Macs in my classroom. Students have their own network accounts and we also have one generic local account if the network accounts can't be used for some reason. We have a large partition on the internal drive of the iMacs that students use for their work. I've seen two odd things in the last few days:

1) A student worked for 90 minutes, MC crashed and there was absolutely nothing in the Attic. I'd heard of this happening but never seen it.

2) Three students attempted to make new projects, using the 'External' button in folders on the second partition that had been made under a different Mac log-in. The projects were not created. Nothing. Blank space in the project list. I've never seen this before. By making a new folder on the non-boot partition under the current log-in, the projects were created correctly and work continued.

So, my thoughts are some weird permissions issue with 8.4. Can I suggest that you make a new Mac account with admin privileges, log in and see if your import works?

With Best Wishes
Roger Shufflebottom
rogershuff@yahoo.co.uk
+44 7973 543660







__._,_.___

Posted by: Roger Shufflebottom <rogershuff@yahoo.co.uk>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (59)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment