Saturday, September 26, 2015

[Avid-L2] Re: Media Composer l First

 

That's a good point.  How do you offer Broadcast Quality Support for free software?  Blackmagic seems to get away with it on some level.  BM support seems to have improved a bit, I haven't had to contact them in quite a while so I might be out of date with this. 

I find it surprising when larger facilities and networks move into the Adobe camp given the virtual non existence of the kind of support I have grown to expect from companies like GVG, Avid etc... which IMHO is required to work in those fields. 

Recently the Late Night with Steven Colbert almost missed air on their premiere night.  I'm pretty sure they are an Avid Centric workflow given previous tech talk comedy skits with the engineers on Letterman.  Don't know the specifics of that situation but I wouldn't want to be in that kind of a time crunch on systems I didn't have access to tech support. 



---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <tcurren@...> wrote :

They are working on it. According to the CEO they are hoping to have it out by NAB. I think they found out the gotchas when they did ProTools First. Guess what happens when tons of people download your free software? You have to handle tons of support.

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment