Friday, August 7, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Background transcode error Now Background Render stalls

 

After playing around a bit more I think I may have found what was stalling my background render.  When I started the background render of the longer safe color limit effect and cancelled I found that if I sub sequenced just the safe color limit track in it's own bin then I could show rendered effects and it displayed the following clip:

FTS205_V4_72015_FTS206_V3_73015._080715,Safe_Color_Limiter,11

I suspect because I cancelled that background render part way through that there was some partial render in the avidmediafiles folder related to the clip FTS205_V4_72015_FTS206_V3_73015._080715,Safe_Color_Limiter,11.  I think subsequent background render attempts were possible stalled because of the partial rendered file that was already out there.  In the past I've found that when I ran out of disk space the background render would stall and I received no error message like I would with a normal render when it says disk won't hold render do you want to pick another render drive.  This leads me to believe that in my recent case the background render had a conflict with the partial render from before but doesn't have the elegance to throw up an error message.  This is all speculation on my part but I know when I had insufficient disk space I got no error just a stalled background render and perhaps the same applies here.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :

My background renders seemed to be not working or taking a long time to process so I cancelled the jobs.  I then cleared inactive jobs and the background queue showed as empty.  I then noticed under the show job groups there were still 5 background service status listing with check marks. 

I trashed mc state, .avs file, settings.xml and the search data, statistics, and waveform cache folders.  then when I restarted Avid the 5 jobs appeared to be processing.  This time I cancelled them all and went immediately th the clear inactive jobs tab and clicked that made all the listings go away. 

I restarted Avid and did a small background render and it worked.  I'm now trying the longer background render to see if given enough time it will work as it has for me the past two weeks on 8.3.1.

I've read hear about the ama database needing to be deleted on occasion to stop strange behavior.  Is there something similar in the land of background rendering that can be deleted to clear the queue?  During all these tests and retry I made sure the Avid background services were running in the tool menu so it's not that.  Anyone else seeing sketchy background rendering or very slow rendering at times.  Up until today it's been working nicely for me.


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <avidrhl@...> wrote :

Background transcode is running as a service in Windows, right? Check the user permissions under which it runs - did you install as a different user and /or a non-Admin user?
On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 5:04 PM Stephen Priest spriest@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I remember the combination of annoyance and amusement the first time I got a BAD_MAGIC error on Adrenaline. An accurate description of what was going on inside the DNA box, I guess.

Stephen Priest
CNN Atlanta

-----Original Message-----
From: "David Dodson davidadodson@... [Avid-L2]"
Sent: Jul 27, 2015 9:27 AM
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, nick@...
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Background transcode error

 


Wouldn't it be great if, in addition to the gobbledygook, error messages also tried to help you out a little by 1) interpreting the codespeak, and 2) offered potential remedies?

DD


David Dodson



On Jul 27, 2015, at 2:29 AM, nick@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


My background consolidating has stopped working with the following error coming up in the console every time I try:

24-Jul-2015 08:29:17(40)SEVERE: exception while getting dms job list: Interplay Media Services LOGIN FAILED: The Connection Was Refused By The Broker com.avid.dmfengine.services.mediaservice.AbstractMediaSevice:anyJobsActive


I get a little yellow warning triangle on the background services circle on the timeline. Have tried restarting the services and MC etc. but it won't go away. I think I need to clear out a queue or cache somewhere but not sure where or how,


Anyone got any ideas. I'm running v8.4 on PC.




__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment