Sunday, August 30, 2015

[Avid-L2] Legacy XDCam workflow seems iffy?

 

As my recent threads indicate I'm new to the nuts and bolts of XDCam workflows with Avid.  It's been complicated by XD Direct but tonight I experimented and tested the Legacy XD Cam workflow on my new edit computer at work.

I'm working on a MacPro 2010 Reconditioned 12 Core 2x6 3.33GHz.  OS 10.8.5 Avid Ver. 6.5.4.7.  1080P 23.976 project

I enabled Legacy XDCam in the ama settings.  I then created a bin and with the bin highlighted then File:Import XDCAM Proxy was no longer greyed out and it worked.  I had it convert the proxy audio to 48K.  I imported three disks this way and then cut a simple sequenced together bringing along all 8 tracks of audio.

I was then able to decompose with 24 frame handles and then I could batch import the decomposed clips and voila uprez to the 50Mbs XDCam.  I deleted the media for the decomposed clips and then did a batch import of the sequence.  This worked and created new clips in the sequence bin and left the original decomposed clips offline.  I figured it should be no problem to relink the offline original decompose clips to the new clips that resulted from a sequence batch import but only 2 of the 9 clips relinked and none of the audio relinked even on the clips where the video linked.  Now the sequence is online but I don't see why the previous decomposed clips won't relink the batch imported clips.  I tried to use some of the newer choices under the more category but all of them are greyed out.  I can see disk label as a choice which seemed like a good place to start but it's greyed out.  I tried turning of legacy XDCam to see if they relink choices would become available but no go.  I also tried to relink to highlighted clips in open bins but I could not  get that radio button to activate.  Perhaps because I'm relinking master clips that isn't available but the bottom line is why won't the sequence batch imported clips media relink to the original decomposed clips given they are identical in length and time code.  I know master clips are very persnickety about relinking but all the bin info is identical.

Is there something about batch importing the sequence that breaks the link to the XDCam material.  If so why did two of the clips video relink and why are the more expansive choices for relink under the more category greyed out?  Again is this a limitation to master clip relinking?  Confused, Inquiring and Tired minds want to know.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment