Friday, June 26, 2015

RE: [Avid-L2] Modifying Sound Track Names in QT Pro?

 

John,

I change these names fairly regularly.  In fact, it's required that I do by the BBC and ITV in the UK for worldwide delivery.  See page 15 of the BBC WW tech spec for how to deliver files;


I'm guessing their automation systems will look for the correct tag upon playout?  Love to know more about how it works internally from their end, but from the delivery end we do this all the time.

Andi



To: avid-l2@yahoogroups.com
From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 23:02:57 +0000
Subject: [Avid-L2] Modifying Sound Track Names in QT Pro?

 

When I bake out .movs using QT Pro I usually modify the assignments on the Sound Tracks to Left Total etc... using Discrete 0X for tracks that don't fit the preset names available in the pulldown menu in the Properties window.  Today I noticed the name like "Sound Track 1" can be modified.  I decided to put more accurate track descriptions added on to the "Sound Track XX" name.   For Example "Sound Track 1 SFM L, Sound Track 2 SFM R etc...." 

I don't want to lose the track numbers but figured it might be helpful to someone down the line.  In the Info window in QT Pro it only shows the track's assignment and not the name but I figure that meta data must show up somewhere.  Does anybody have any insight into whether these additions to the Sound Track names will cause problems or if there are some programs that can actually make use of this type of information.  I figure that it might help some human in the food chain know what types of stems they are dealing with without the need for a track layout document.  Any suggestions on this front?
 
John Moore
Barking Trout Productions
Studio City, CA
bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: Andi Meek <kwikpasta@hotmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment