Friday, June 26, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] convert "Pull List" in Excel to EDL

 

Ok, I figured out that error, sort of.  It's some sort of network permission error.  So doing it all locally now.  But a still not getting any luck with making a ALE.  Export ale.  Open in Excel.  Make no changes.  Save as Tab Deliminated with a new file name.  Strip off the .txt extension so just the .ale extension is there.  Import into MC.  Nothing gets imported. Hmmmm.



Jay

On Jun 26, 2015, at 5:55 PM, Jay Mahavier jay_mahavier@earthlink.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:



So I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I exported a bin as an ALE, then without making any changes to it, I saved it back out as a Tab Delineated file. Removed the .txt extension so it's just has the .ale extension, and then tired to import it.  I get the error, 

Exception: Resource temporally unavailable, 

Any ideas?

thanks
Jay


On Jun 26, 2015, at 5:25 PM, Jay Mahavier jay_mahavier@earthlink.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:



Oh?  How do I do that?  I don't think I've ever done that before.  Do you know of a link to an example?

Thanks,
Jay

On Jun 26, 2015, at 2:03 PM, Bouke ( Edit'B) <bouke@editb.nl> wrote:

Convert to ALE is easier, and should do the trick.

Bouke

Sent from mobile

Op 26 jun. 2015 om 20:46 heeft Jay Mahavier jay_mahavier@earthlink.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> het volgende geschreven:

I was sent a pull list in a Excel sheet. Typical sort of thing. First column is the file name of the camera master, followed by a second column in an in-point TC, and then a third column with the out-point TC. There is no Record side in/out, just source side. So I usually just go through by hand and pull the clips. No big deal because there is usual a dozen or so clips to pull. Well, this pull list is 300 events long. Ugh. Is there an easy (less painful than what I'm already doing) way to convert this Excel pull list to an EDL that I can import and link to my camera masters? This would make it so much easier. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Thank you again,
Jay








__._,_.___

Posted by: Jay Mahavier <jay_mahavier@earthlink.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment