Sunday, June 21, 2015

[Avid-L2] 23.98 vs 24

 

I'm about to start a feature, shooting on Alexa, on which the DP is advocating for shooting true 24, rather than the usual 23.98. All the digitally-shot movies I've ever done have been shot at 23.98, and not 24. But of course, the DP is jonesing for 24fps so he doesn't have to worry about certain lighting flicker issues.

That said, are there any pot holes or hidden dangers in shooting and posting in true 24fps that anyone is aware of? As far as I can tell, the transcode would still use the same DNxHD flavor (in my case, DNxHD 115) whether it's 23.98 or 24. But I wanted to cast around for anyone who has actually cut and finished a movie shot at 24fps for a theatrically-released feature in case I'm overlooking anything.

Thanks,

DD

David Dodson
davidadodson@sbcglobal.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: David Dodson <davidadodson@sbcglobal.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment