Friday, April 17, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: relink offline seq to ama

 

Whenever relinking to AMA clips fails for me, it always turns out to be the same problem: somewhere I have a bin open with transcoded clips open and selected, and the relink always targets those clips rather than the AMA masterclips.

So do this:  make a bin that has just the sequence you want to relink, plus the AMA clips you want to relink to.  Close every other bin in your project.

Select all the AMA clips and the sequence and choose the option to 'relink to selected clips in all open bins'.  Doesn't hurt to make the relink as permissive as possible (ie. ignore case, use any media drive, etc.). 

You can still run into problems relinking to the wrong file if you have duplicate filenames/timecodes, but the relinking process should work.

If it still fails, as a last-ditch effort, you can rename your "Avid MediaFiles" folders on all drives to hide all transcoded media, and try the relink again to the AMA files, but I haven't needed to do this since I've become more careful about what bins are open when I relink.

Cheers,
--Michael 

On 2015-04-17 11:19 AM, Lou Wirth loutv@mindspring.com [Avid-L2] wrote:
 

thanks but no good  I've been doing all these steps in a dozen different configs for over an hour.  I only have 37 clips.  I did a new AMA and transcode so now I have an exact copy of my bin with online clips.  But I can't get the sequence to relink to this.  I accept it must be user error but can't see what I'm doing wrong here.  I have seq in the bin, out of the bin, select seq and clips, just clips, just seq, have used all settings in relink box.  What am I missing here?  The clips have the same name as original and exact stats (drive, format etc).


thanks 
Lou


Lou Wirth Productions
500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
Corte Madera, CA 94925
415-924-9411p


 





On Apr 17, 2015, at 11:09 AM, "swhite2547@charter.net [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Go to the Help menu in Media Composer.  Choose "Media Composer Family Help."  Search for the page:

"Relinking to Source Media for Conform and Finishing."  This is a very plain and concise "how to" for relinking to AMA media. 



__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael Brockington <mbrock321@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment